Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Well Now I Need a Blow Torch

For dessert, obviously.

ST and I took a little roadtrip over the weekend to visit his mom, and so that I could get my passport renewed. You know, since I've only known about my upcoming Singapore trip for about 8 months and haven't really had time to put the existing document in the mail and get it renewed like a normal, organized person. Instead, I prefer to live on the edge and instead travel across the province so that I can make an in-person appearance at the office and pay double for the Express service. Ahem.

So while away, we took advantage of some shopping, of course. And, of course, I focused mainly on housewares. Are there others out there who have this affliction? I know that I should be taking advantage of the beautiful clothes stores, but instead I buy ramekins. Red ones. That match the rest of my kitchen appliances.

But why ramekins, you might ask? Why, to make creme brulee, since I just bought vanilla beans in bulk at Costco. Silly. You knew that.

I've been talking about making creme brulee for ages, but I have always been intimidated by it, and I didn't own ramekins. But now - no more excuses! So I made it today and - success! It was totally delicious. So delicious that I forgot to take a photo before devouring it. But there's one left, so I'll try to remember to snap a quick pic before I eat that one. Maybe for breakfast.

But now I totally have an excuse to buy the kitchen blowtorch. I've been trying to convince ST for years that I need one, and after scarfing down HIS dessert, I think I may finally have cracked him.

******
Update: no spray tan. But I did buy some self-tanning gelee (how this differs from a gel, I'm not sure) and so far, the results are okay. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment